Saturday, May 24, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend (Yipee!) & Teacher Gifts

I LOVE a three-day weekend! Especially since we only have 4 days of school left when we go back next week :)

This weekend I plan to "stimulate the economy" and several items on my list are teacher gifts. I wanted to get my dd's teacher a nice gift card so I made a card and matching pillow box to put the gift card in. I LOVE this kit called "Imagine That" by Robin Carlton & Misty Cato, there are two reasons I love this kit so much: 1) its sooooo bright and colorful (and I love bright colors) and 2) I'm a Reading Resource Teacher and its got some really cool reading-themed pieces to it. I have another project below that I did with the same kit so its pretty versatile, too.




Close up of card:
Close up of the pillow box:
Here's the other project I did with the same kit. I found these plastic cases at Michaels. They are 7" x 10" and I think they were $2.99. I thought they would make a fun "Summer Survival Kit" to put crayons, paper, stickers, playing cards, a book, etc... in for those "I'm bored" summer vacation days.




Here's a "before" pic of the cases (I didn't get a "before" of the blue one, so here's a green one):







And here are some pics of the finished blue case with the "Imagine That" kit:





ALSO.... on another subject, My Creative Scrapbook is having a sketch challenge due May 31st. You can go HERE to read the details. All you do is create a LO (using any supplies you already have) based on this sketch by Liz Qualman:


The winner will receive a prize package consisting of Black Prima Crystals, Prima- Belle fleur fowers pack, Heidi Swapp- Jeweled brads, Ribbon, and Black and white foral papers. Hurry, only one week left!

That's about all for now. Have a GREAT Memorial Day Weekend!!!

1 comment:

Shirley said...

Love the teachers card and pillow box, and very much like the idea of the emergancy box. very cleaver (I hadnt thought of that lol)