Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Fun Stuff :)

I got the two cutest books last week and I've been having some fun with them. I got:


and



Here's what I've made so far:
This cute tree:


A keychain


and I've also made some pincushions - the strawberry pincushion wasn't in the books, but one I made for fun - just playing around. The flower pincushion was made with a simple pattern in the book for the "x" shape and I cut a flower from my sizzix to put on top with a button.

These are just way too fun to make and totally addictive!

On to something else............

Do you want to win some scrapping goodies?????

Well, head on over to My Creative Scrapbook for the Sizzlin' Summer Contest! All the details are here: Sizzlin' Summer Contest. Many prizes will be awarded for best layouts in the different categories with one BIG prize for just posting comments on the message board! CHECK IT OUT!

Oh, another thing, I had some good news last week - I had a project picked up for the Dec/Jan issue of Digital Scrapbooking Magazine AND ...... I was named the new Hybrid Editor for The Insider at Digi Shop Talk! If you don't get The Insider, its FREE so go download it now! If you're not a memer at DST, you'll want to register on the site to access the downloads. Pretty exciting (and a little intimidating knowing that over 15,000 people get The Insider each month - eek).

That's about it for now. Hope you have a great week! My daughter's 8th birthday is this Saturday so we'll be celebrating - Yippee!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

How fun are those projects?!.... totally adorable!
Congrats on your good news & happy birthday to your daughter!! (mine just turned 8 two weeks ago!)

April said...

WOAH girl! These are so stinking cute! Amazing work! I've always wanted to try making some cute fabric toys, you rock!

~*Jennifer*~ said...

Great felt stuffies and congrats on the DSM and DST Insider!

Teresa said...

How totally adorable!! Those books look awesome- great work! I must make that tree. :)

Danielle Holsapple said...

These felt projects are beyond adorable! And congrats on your 2 toots!!!!

Kim Sonksen said...

OMGosh - how adorable are those pieces you did?? I need to get my hands on those books too.

Fantastic work

Danielle Flanders said...

Congratulations!! Oh..and seriously you need to get an Etsy shop and sell these!! They are so cute!
Dani