Thursday, April 23, 2009

Fun With Felt

I made another felt project the other day. I've made some felt creatures for my daughter in the past - some from patterns and some from pictures that she draws (she'll draw a creature and we'll create a pattern to bring it to "life"). She had drawn an owl and wanted us to make that one into a stuffed animal, so instead of creating it free-hand I was sure I could find a pattern online, and I did - right here. I enlarged this pattern 150%, which made it approximately 7" tall. Normally she helps but I made this one myself while she was at school. Here's what I came up with:



I've also got a little project I did for Sweet Shoppe Designs. I made a cover to go over a giant lollipop using the "With Sugar" kit by Tracy Reed. This kit was PERFECT for this project!






And speaking of Sweet Shoppe Designs, you have GOT TO check out the NEW publication Simply Sweet Magazine!
"Sweet Shoppe Designs proudly presents Simply Sweet Magazine. In the debut issue of our in-house idea digest, our team tackles a subject close to everyone's heart, Home & Family. Not only is Simply Sweet packed with gorgeous layouts and inspiration featuring Sweet Shoppe products, you'll also want to think of this issue as your go-to guide for creative ideas that will get you scrapping pages for your loved ones, which you may not have thought to scrap otherwise. "


Oh, and you can't miss this....

What to WIN some yummy Marks Paper Company kits????? Check out the MPC Blog right here to see the "Grow a Flower" blog challenge.

The winner will receive a set of each of the Marks Paper Company paper collections (August and Old Fashioned Courtship), Digital Kits for both lines and a sponsored prize by Short Cuts - SheetLoad of Cards, which includes five (5) each of Clear and Frosted Card Blanks (10 pcs), five (5) each of Clear and Frosted Full Sheets (10 pcs), two (2) each of Gift Card Holder Folders in white, ivory, kraft and black (8 pcs). Total retail value for this prize package is $30.00. In addition, your winning project will be featured on the Marks Paper Company Blog and in our monthly newsletter! Hurry - this contest ends August 29th!

That's all for now - Have a SUPER day!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Amazzzzzzing work, as always, Cindy!! You are so very inspiring girl!!
hugs!!
~rae

Daniela Dobson said...

I made the same owl, I think yours is adorable!!!! Awesome work.
http://danieladobson.blogspot.com/2009/01/happy-new-year-and-sneak-peek.html

Little Miss Alaska said...

Hi! I saw your site from littlebirdiesecrets.blogspot.com and I have to say that you are very inspiring. I'm a teacher in rural Alaska, and your crafts are adorable and will help my students get down and dirty in the hands of crafting. Thank you!